Vegan Cheesecake

One of the favorite desserts here in the Rios household is vegan cheesecake. Yesterday was one of those days where I just had to have some. To top it, we had yummy berries we had just gotten at our local farmer's market. It was so delicious, I thought, surely, it doesn't get any better than this...


and then I remembered that I made some chocolate syrup a few days ago. Now, this isn't just any chocolate syrup. If you check the labels of your average commercial syrup, you will find a glucose or corn syrup base and, typically xanthan gum as an emulsifier. Most have dairy in there as well (so NOT vegan). This Chocolate syrup has a base of agave syrup mixed with a quality cocoa. It is dark, rich, and thick. My mouth waters just thinking of it... Well, needless to say, the vegan cheesecake did indeed get better, oh soooooo much better.


So, two pieces of divine cheesecake later, spending the evening with my loving family... Life is Good :)

No comments: